DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Self-adhesive vinyl tiles and premixed grout from Home Depot

7K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ccgnj 
#1 ·
I realize I am a little late joining in this conversation, but I just bought self-adhesive vinyl tiles and premixed grout from Home Depot. I am planning on using them in my bathroom, but after reading various forums online I am concerned about future water damage. I am tempted to return the product and go for a full sheet of vinyl flooring rather than the tiles. Do you think the grout will help "waterproof" the tiles (or at least help them resist water)? I have also brushed on a self-stick tile primer to prep and seal the plywood to help with this. I am wondering how the tiles are holding up so far for those of you who have installed them?

I appreciate any feedback you can offer!

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
grouted vinyl tiles

Sorry that I am a bit late joining in this conversation! I just bought similar self-adhesive vinyl tiles and premixed grout from Home Depot but have not installed them yet. I am planning on using them in my bathroom, but after reading various forums online I am concerned about future water damage. Do you think the grout will help "waterproof" the tiles (or at least help them resist water)? I have also brushed on a self-stick tile primer to prep and seal the plywood to help with this.

I appreciate your feedback! Please let me know how your vinyl tiles are holding up if you have them (Amybo, Missac34, TitaniumVT, Techprincesse)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.