Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #1

Share |

scratches on laminate floor

In the home we bought 3 years ago, there are laminate floors on first floor. Mannington I think is the brand. The floors looked great when we moved in, but since we have kids now, they are showing wear. Very dull and with some light to moderate scratching from toys, and whatnot. Truthfully, I have never liked laminate, but we thought with kids on the way it was a selling point due to durability. So I am pretty disappointed at the way its turned out. Would choose H/W from now on.

Anyway, I don’t really want to shell out for new floor right now so my question is this…is there a way to refinish a laminate floor? Don’t think sanding is an option for laminate.

If not, what is the best way to or at least “renew“ the floor to minimize the scratches? I think with a high gloss would help.

Our local Lowes sells a product called Varathane “Renewal.” It is billed as a “no sand” way to restore dull, or worn finishes and eliminates scuff marks and scratches. And it can be used on laminate. Can anyone comment on this product or another way to achieve what I am after?

Cheers,

Brendan

tarheelblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #2

scratches on laminate floor

I'm actually interested to hear this as well. We will be redoing the entire first floor in laminate in a few months, and I have two dogs. I was curious how to fix up the floors if they scratch with their paws.

ClumsyCarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote