Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Repair kitchen vinyl tile floor

I'm buying a home built 5 yrs ago but the owner/builder is not available for questions. It went thru foreclosure, and we're buying from the bank, and they can't answer any questions about how it was built, etc.

The kitchen appears to have vinyl flooring that was put down in a single unbroken sheet from side to side in all directions. I have not looked carefully at the baseboards, etc., but I did not see square lines indicating individual tiles.

What I did see are blemishes and damage in two spots, which we would like to repair.

If it is indeed a single sheet, how do you do that? Is there any practical way at all to fix a single spot, assuming you COULD match the pattern perfectly, or am I destined to remove the whole shebang and do it all over from scratch?

tomseeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

Repair kitchen vinyl tile floor

I had a similar issue in which water had seeped under the vinyl flooring near our front door. We had some leftover scraps of the flooring from when it was first installed, so we cut out the damaged section and patched it with a hunk of the scrap. It never looked right, you could always tell that the floor had been patched and over time the edges started peeling up. Eventually we just went ahead a had a new floor installed.

Lucas718 is offline   Reply With Quote