Removing Floating Timber Floorboards - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:28 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Removing floating timber floorboards

Hi Guys,
I am hoping someone can help. I am trying to remove my existing floating timber floorboards. The floorboards themselves are not glued or nailed down to the existing surface, which is concrete, so it is no problem getting underneath the boards themselves. The issue is dismantling them. Ideally I would like to onsell them, but unless I get some advice, I am going to use the old brut force approach, which will render them useless.
The boards are attached via a tongue and groove joint and are proving exceedingly difficult to separate.
Any advice would be welcomed. I would consider myself an amatuer DIYer, at best.
Cheers

Advertisement

rickybraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:11 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

If nothing is nailed, and you can't separate them, I assume they are glued together. If that is the case, there is no simple way, force is needed. You will probably get some apart without too much damage, but I suspect a lot will have tongues ripped off.

Advertisement

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:21 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Hi Bill, thanks very much for your response. I have been able to extract one section of board, using force, and it does appear to contain traces of glue.
Thanks again
rickybraz is offline   Reply With Quote