Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Reflex Flooring tile

I am considering a floor tile that is made of recycled Polyvinyl for my garage. I found it at Lowes. The pictures look great, but I want to know if it is as easy to install as the sales guy said it was.

It's called Flexi Tile, I want the coin pattern (the one with the circles).

J.Applehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
Doer of Many Things

Rewards Points: 526

Reflex Flooring tile

It's easy enough. You just whack it together with a mallet. I can't speak for the longevity of the product. There aren't many like it. Most similar products are made from rubber instead of vinyl.

poppameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #3

Question

Reflex Flooring tile

It comes with a 25 year warranty, the rubber stuff did not. Is that a factor I should look into?
Old 12-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,000

Reflex Flooring tile

check into outgassing and what it gives off if it burns. There were a lot of problems with polyvinylchloride
tpolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:00 AM   #5

Reflex Flooring tile

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Applehouse View Post
I am considering a floor tile that is made of recycled Polyvinyl for my garage. I found it at Lowes. The pictures look great, but I want to know if it is as easy to install as the sales guy said it was.

It's called Flexi Tile, I want the coin pattern (the one with the circles).

Polyvinyl flooring tend to be on the lower end of price scale, and they come in a wide range of colors and styles which can mesh with an assortment of design schemes. The resources at suntouch floor warming make even to think in a wide range.
mulveykemster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:17 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 1,000

Reflex Flooring tile

good response
tpolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #7

Wink

Reflex Flooring tile

Well, I went for it and went to the Lowes near my house and had to special order the Flexi-Tiles. I picked them up Friday and installed the whole garage in about 2 1/2 hours. The tiles were very heavy. That was the hardest part, the install was easy. It took a day for the the seams to settle. It was a little pricey, but they look great. Even my wife thought they looked cool.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
Zee

Thumbs up

Reflex Flooring tile

I have a small sound studio. I installed the PVC Polyvinyl tiles under the stage floor and through out the board room. I have found it is great for absorbing the sound and it can handle all the heavy equipment that comes in and out each day. Called the manufacture and they said it was static resistant, which is why I chose it over carpet.

I got it at Home Depot online. Tried to special order it, but you can only get it on the web. Just as well the stuff is heavy. The brand was called ITtile I picked this brand because it came with a lifetime warranty.
Attached Images

Last edited by Zee; 05-27-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #9

Reflex Flooring tile

Hi All,

I ordered 1 box of 7mm Commercial black to test and examine before placing my full order. I put 2 pieces together as per the instructions and as a test poured a small amount of water on the joint between the 2 pieces. After letting it sit for only a minute or 2 I examined the underside and saw that the water had indeed seeped through.

I know that the Reflex site states that the tiles are mold\mildew resistant, but what will happen if I install this across my garage floor and experience a spill? The underside of the tile is flat and rests fully on the underlying substrate which means any spills will sit and have no route to escape or evaporate.

I love this solution over epoxy b\c I can take it with me if I move and it provides a much better surface to stand on for long periods as opposed to bare concrete.

However, I don't feel comfortable knowing that if I spill any liquids they'll settle under the tile and stay there for...ever? I guess a solution would be that when I do have a spill I'd have to pick the effected tiles up, address the spill and re-seat the tiles? Not a fun prospect but I guess no solution is perfect.

Thoughts?

Jindee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flexi, flooring advice, reflex tile, rubber, vinyl tiles