Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #1

Share |

Red wine on Beige Carpet

I spilt red wine on my beige carpet and everything Iíve tried doesnít get the stain out. Has anyone tried anything that works on red wine?

albany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #2

Red wine on Beige Carpet

Have you tried a 2 part red stain remover product such as the following?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pros-Choice-...2221%26ps%3D54

This is heat activated and is mixed from 2 bottles just before applying. Application involves using a steam iron and soft cotton cloth over the stain with the product sparyed on the stain. The stain is lifted onto the cloth using the steam. Most red stains can be removed this way with 1 or 2 applications, but since you have already tried several cleaning products, the stain may be set. As well, it depends on your carpet. Is it stain resistant? (ie. StainMaster)

davemac

davemac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
liscenced electrician

Red wine on Beige Carpet

50/50 water and ammonia. Drench the area. Put a white towel over the stain. Then drench the towel in ammonia/water. Put a hot iron on top of the towel. The ammonia steam will lift it out. Use a red out product like the one posted in the same method if you want to be even more effective
jimmy21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Red wine on Beige Carpet

Be sure you blot and not rub carpet stains. Of course, the fresher the stain the better. With whatever you use, test for carpet colorfastness in an inconspicuous place or you could end up getting the wine stain out but with a worse looking patch.

One old trick is to try white wine on red wine stains. Then follow with a cleaner.

There is a stain research center around Philadelphia as I remember that may be helpful. You can probably find it or other resources online. Be sure to tell them how old the stain is and everything you have tried so far.

I have had good luck getting red wine stains out of fabrics and even cutting board surfaces with oxygen cleaners like Oxyclean or its Clorox brand alternative.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
liscenced electrician

Red wine on Beige Carpet

ammonia with an iron and towel has gotten every stain my daughter has made so far. Koolaid, gatorade, popsicles, cola, juice. She hasn't spilled any red whine yet though
jimmy21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:36 AM   #6

Red wine on Beige Carpet

Wow I used the iron and amonia way and it came out! Didn't think it would come out at all, so glad it has, thanks guys!

albany is offline   Reply With Quote