DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Question about urethane adhesives

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  urbaneve 
#1 ·
Hello, I live here on the gulf coast and am getting ready to put down hand woven strand bamboo flooring on a cement slab and I wanted to know which urethane adhesive everyone thought would be good to use. Needless to say we get quite a bit of moisture and humidity several months throughout the year.

I am getting conflicted information from some of the professionals around here and thought I would reach out and see what everyone else thought. I have looked into the following:

Bostick
Henry
Roberts
Franklin

Also we are laying the boards at a 45 degree angle with a band around the edge... what would be the best way to start... (laying the band first or the main boards at the degree angle?

Thanks so much for the help and advice

#2 ·
...hand woven strand bamboo flooring...
Been involved in the flooring industry for about 40 years now and never heard of that. Maybe you mean hand scraped. ;)

...which urethane adhesive...
Your first and best source of information for that is the flooring manufacturer. You didn't tell us who that was, so it'd be hard to make a qualified recommendation. My rule of thumb is:
Read the Instructions.

Also we are laying the boards at a 45 degree angle with a band around the edge... what would be the best way to start... laying the band first or the main boards at the degree angle?
You talking about an inset border or a border fill, which goes all the way to the walls? I've found it much easier to lay the field first, then the borders. Lay the diagonals long and cut through the material in-place. Make your cuts perfectly square - measure twice, cut once. I use a straightedge to guide the saw's shoe plate. Use a new, thin kerf blade to prevent splinters.

Jim

#3 ·
Hi ... ooopps, I meant strand woven (Yanchi).

We went through Build Direct (ordered online) so they really didnt give us any information about which urethane adhesive to use. They did however say not to use acrylic urethane adhesive. But I have been reading quite a bit about Bostic (a bit pricey but supposedly worth it). I just wanted to know what brand most of you guys use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.