Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Preparing an interior concrete floor for painting

Hi
I have removed the carpet from my formal living room floor and would like to convert it into a paint studio with a mural painted on the floor. There is a substantial amount of glue on the floor from the padding. I have removed the tack boards from around the perimiter, swept and scraped as much glue as I can get up then patched the holes using a cement patch, I failed to wet feather and smooth out the patch (no one told me) so the areas where I patched are very sandy and rough. I know I messed up andl now I have my work cut out for me. Please tell me what I need to to next to smooth the rough spots and clean the glue off so the floor is ready for a base coat. Help please I am so very inexperienced and on the verge of panic! I know I must sand it but I need to know how and what type of sander a small girl with some muscle can handle.

Melsdetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
NACE Coating Inspector

Rewards Points: 500

Preparing an interior concrete floor for painting

post some pics so we can see what you are dealing with.

mustangmike3789 is offline   Reply With Quote