DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Pre slope question on shower floor - did I do it wrong?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mudd 
#1 ·
I recently pulled out a prefab shower floor to build a larger shower. I have a question on the 1/4" per foot from the drain.

This is a 4' x 4' shower. I just installed my Hardibacker and noticed a "sag" in the mortar between the corners of the floor... which is because I sloped the corners higher since the distance to the drain was further than the walls directly across it. Did I do this wrong? I'm talking probably more than 1/4" of gap difference between the corners and middle of each wall.

From what I am seeing; the floor level should be even across-- but seems to cancel out the original 1/4" per foot that everyone talks about.

So brings me to the confusion on how to start the bottom row of tile. They will clearly show the 1/4" gap line in the middle if I dont correct this. Can someone advise on the best way to tackle? I'll be happy to attach a picture tonight if needed.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.