Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-06-2006, 07:41 PM   #1

Share |

polyurethane coat for hardwood floors.

Hi!

I just bought a house . The most of the rooms in the house have hardwood floors which have been covered with carpets. I am planning to remove the carpets and sand and refinish the floors. A friend of mine told me that her apartment had some poly-urethane coating which kept the floors look like new all the time. is that something that is routinely done nowaday or do i have to ask the floor guy for it specifically.

Thanks
christy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #2

That is common. There may be different brands of protectant for the floors either in oil or latex.

I would still ask the floor person what will be performed and get it in writing so that you know what will be done.
redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #3

Yes, I agree. Be sure to get in writing whatever you agree to have done by a professional.
Concerning hardwood floors. We have refinished a number of different hardwood floors. When using a polyurethane, be sure to have three coats put down, with a light sanding in between each coat.
This will ensure a hard and lasting finish. Polyurethane will need a number of days to cure also.
You might also ask about a water bourn finish. We had a water bourn
finish in a house and it was also as nice as a polyurethane finish.
MWD78 is offline   Reply With Quote