DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Flooring (
-   -   Permit to replace sub-floor (

isea 12-12-2013 04:21 PM

Permit to replace sub-floor

I have tried to contact my county office email and phone messages regarding this but no luck.

Do I need a permit to replace old plank sub-floor in my bathroom with plywood?

How 'bout sistering joists if needed?

I'm in Marin County, California


rusty baker 12-12-2013 05:16 PM

Would not need one here, don't know about California.

oh'mike 12-12-2013 06:41 PM

No good answer---I would not need one---we need a Marin county person to answer that--

isea 12-12-2013 07:57 PM

well it's promising that two of you don't have to. However, CA loves to make us pay so I'm not holding my breath yet.

AndyWRS 12-12-2013 09:27 PM

I would think if your just changing out the sub floor your gtg but you also mention the joists and sistering. I do not know the answer, but I'm sure if you tell the building dept about both correction they would want to inspect it and require a permit. They may very well require eng also.

Hopefully someone in the area who knows can shed some light...or you reach someone in the BD there and get the info needed.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1