Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 500

painting my garage floor (and some outdoor slabs) - are these any good?

I haven't been able to find much (well, not really any) info on painting my (already painted a while back with green...) garage floor and some outdoor slabs.

I found these two products today and am likely going to give them a shot, but wanted to see if anyone could give feedback.

The first pic is a brochure for the paint, and the second is this non-skid additive.

I like the non-skid additive because it'd give me some texture on the floor instead of a pure solid color, but I figured (and confirmed that on the packaging!) that it would reduce the life since it'd be easier to chip/peel if it had solid additives like that.

Any advice on the products themselves, non-skid additives in general, or floor/concrete paints in general would be greatly appreciated. The only thing I really understand right now is the preparation stuff (which is prolly the most important to know anyways, but would like to know more if anyone can help!)

Attached Thumbnails
painting my garage floor (and some outdoor slabs) - are these any good?-floor-paint.jpg   painting my garage floor (and some outdoor slabs) - are these any good?-non-skid-additive.jpg  

joeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
Jack of all - master none

Rewards Points: 514

I helped my neighbor put that down on his garage floor. I'm not sure if it was the Behr brand or another - he got it at home depot. Application was easy enough, except he got lazy and shortcut the end. So, he didn't put the non-slip additive down and it's like ice when wet. I'd definately put the non slip additive down.

hyunelan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:13 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

I've used the Behr... on a New slab..... followed all the steps... cleaned, Etched, Primed and then painted. not much makes this stuff come up.... I'd contact Behr and see the prep for a previously painted surface.
mdlbldrmatt135 is offline   Reply With Quote