Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Overflowed bathtub

A couple months ago my daughter overflowed the bathtub in the house we were renting. I caught it really quick and was able to dry the carpet/tile fast and it didn't leave any carpet staining or anything. A week or so later I noticed 2 small water stains on the garage ceiling which is directly below the bathroom. It wasn't leaking,saggy or anything just a dry water stain. I painted over it but it's still slightly noticeable. There isn't any mold or anything like that.

My husband suddenly got a new job so we moved to a new town and the house we were in will be taken over by a new family. I never told our landlord what happened not because I was being sneaky but because it didn't do any damage than slight cosmetic but now I am feeling like I made a bad judgement call and maybe I should have told her. They have done walk throughs and have never said anything to me and will do the final one tomorrorw or Wednesday. I just want to know if it's okay and isn't a huge deal. I read to just paint it over if ita small water stain because it's okay so that's what I did. Anyways any advice would be welcome. I feel like I am in a weird spot. Do I not say anything or should I. Not even sure if this is the right place to ask this but I just found it and thought I would give it a shot.

megfrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #2

Overflowed bathtub

Should have use a stain blocking primer then painted it.
Move on and forget about it.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #3

Overflowed bathtub

Hindsight is always 20/20 huh? I should have done, that. Now just worried about the reaction to the landlord if they catch it (even though it isn't that bad). Thanks for posting
megfrav is offline   Reply With Quote