Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 256

opinions on cork tiles with click install

been to a few dealers - looking at options - all carry click install cork tiles. love the look - not sure if I'm getting the straight goods on durability. Lots of info on pro's and con's in general out there, so I kinda know what to expect compared to other options - but as always some real world experience living with this flooring would be most helpful. would love to hear from anyone who's had cork floors in place for a few years or more.

small family, 2 big dogs, country place - intended application is living / dining area to start, then maybe bedrooms, and lastly maybe kitchen - in other words, playing it by ear.

any feedback appreciated - thanks.....

rtoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:07 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Cork is beautiful, but I have a neighbor who had it done about 8 years ago and has had big issues with fading in sunlit areas and the tile seams are now very visible as well

Chemist1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:46 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 256

thanks Chemist for the sanity check - I've read about that issue (fading) in some of the "pro's and con's" articles I found on cork flooring. I'm trying to figure out if any of the after care products out there really deal with this. My place gets sunlight spread across over 3/4 of the floor area in the winter months (when the leaves are down and the sun tracks lower across the sky)

I would be pretty bummed if the seams start to show or worse if I ended up with a bunch of ridges along the edges of the tiles.

Do you know what brand or mfg your friend used? Maybe they've improved the product in the last 8 years somewhat?

Last edited by rtoni; 01-25-2010 at 10:55 AM.
rtoni is offline   Reply With Quote