DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

no glue, no nails wood flooring - little help?

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Floorwizard 
#1 ·
hello all

i am in the final stages of deciding which wooden flooring i should go with for my home. obviously i have to stick with what my budget will allow, which isnt much but i have to get rid of the carpet i have in my home.

i have recently come across some wood laminate flooring that has a tongue and groove assembly process in which the installing details say no glue/no nails required.

the wood flooring that i am talking about specifically is located at www.samsclub.com, it is called Living - Laminate Flooring - Blonde Oak - SKU #68405. It runs $27.18 per box.

can anyone tell me if this flooring is junk? also if its wise to install any kind of flooring with tongue and groove with no glue or nails required.

i have seen a lot of flooring webistes and as you all know it can get very expensive. going this route i can spend around $350 for one room in my home. which is fine since i need to do bit by bit.

can anyone offer any advice?

See less See more
#2 ·
This is called a floating laminate floor. Cheap ones do not stay looking good too long. They cost about $2 a sq ft. Better grades are fine costing about $3 and up. This floor will not feel as solid as a wood floor, but it looks nice, wears well and for someone on a budget it is a good choice.

#3 ·
Go ahead and take a chance if it's about the money. Some have bought cheap stuff and been fine. Just like cars.
It's just a bigger risk than if you purchase from a major manufacturer with a good track record.
But if it's about short term money, then you have to go this way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.