New Flooring Idea W/ Natural Oak Cabinets/kitchen - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 20

new flooring idea w/ natural oak cabinets/kitchen

I have oak cabinets in my kitchen. Currently I have ceramic tile (ugly). Looking to have hardwood flooring put in. What do you think will look best with natural/honey oak kitchen cabinets?

Should I go dark such as "brazilian cherry"? So far, that's my favorite. Cost wise is about $7/sq ft through LOWES. Any other recommendations?

We do not have pets, just one 7 month old son for now.

Advertisement

kevinnho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

new flooring idea w/ natural oak cabinets/kitchen

Quality, not box store or LL bamboo will come with a very durable finish and a great warranties on the material and the pre-finished surface. You can get it in just about any color and in different plank width for installation like traditional flooring or as engineered flooring. It is harder than domestic hardwoods, looks beautiful, breathes and adjusts to humidity changes well, and may even get you a green credit. You will not be contributing to destruction of the rainforest using it as it is renewable. Here is a color chart from a company who's products I specified often.

http://www.duro-design.com/index.cfm...ooring-colors/

Eucalyptus is also nice looking in the right situation. Cork tiles can be beautiful too but people still think of it as institutional.

By the way, $7 for Brazilian Cherry sounds scary low. I assume since you put it in quotes you mean a color, not the material. In any event, a box store is not where you want to buy quality flooring.

Advertisement

Last edited by user1007; 07-25-2012 at 09:07 AM.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote