Need To Level Floor - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Smile

need to level floor

Hi, I have an addition on our home that was built on concrete slab. They tiled over the slab, and the very shiny (ugly and slippery) tile is in great condition. Due to issues with drainage in my yard (now resolved) one corner of the floor has sunk, about 2.5 inches. The entire surface of the floor is intact, there are no cracks. I would like to come up with a way to level the floor and then install carpet or a floating wood floor over it. My hope was not to have to jack hammer and remove the entire floor. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Advertisement

iamhotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
Taking stuff apart is fun

Rewards Points: 25

need to level floor

I've seen companies inject something under garage slabs to correct this kind of issue but I'm not sure what they use. Call a concrete contractor and I'm sure they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Advertisement

butchbs1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concrete , sunk , tile