Need Ideas For A Long Transition For A Large Room Entrance - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need ideas for a long Transition for a large room entrance

Hello everyone. I just looking for some ideas on a transition for a large great room that meets up to a kitchen . both rooms are pretty large. The existing floor in the kitchen is very thin. around 3/8 to 1/4. it is real wood and not laminate. The floor i installed is 3/4 Brazilian tigerwood. I need two pieces . the one that goes in between the kitchen and great room is 111" long. the other piece which is where the hallway floor meets the new floor is 96". anyways, what I'm looking for is some ideas on how to make my own or where to buy . I'm a general contractor and I have installed about 25 or so floors. I know it doesn't make me an expert but i do have enough smarts to make my own if anybody has some ideas. in the past I took some flooring and ripped it on a 45 degree angle. But it was never on a large room like this. so sorry for being long winded about this. and thanks for any help

Advertisement

projects- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Need ideas for a long Transition for a large room entrance

I should have mentioned the other entrance has the same existing flooring. except it butts up against the new floor. I don't have any up dated pictures showing the new floor. so I posted some pictures I took before I ripped the carpeting up.. Thanks again for any help...

Advertisement

projects- is offline   Reply With Quote