Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
sil

Share |

need help choosing floor- 2 choices

I have decided on Mirage elegant collection engineered floors for my living room. The color I really like is Maple Arizona but it is only 3 5/16 inch width. The Maple Auburn is a little bit darker than the Arizona but it comes in 5 inch width.

Should I choose Arizona because I like the color alot better? Or should I go with the 5 inch width I like but don't love the color ? Would it be really be a noticable difference with a 5 inch compared to 3 5/16 width on floor about 18 feet by `5 feet. I have contemporary furniture but my adjoining dining room is traditional furniture

sil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil View Post
I have decided on Mirage elegant collection engineered floors for my living room. The color I really like is Maple Arizona but it is only 3 5/16 inch width. The Maple Auburn is a little bit darker than the Arizona but it comes in 5 inch width.

Should I choose Arizona because I like the color alot better? Or should I go with the 5 inch width I like but don't love the color ? Would it be really be a noticable difference with a 5 inch compared to 3 5/16 width on floor about 18 feet by `5 feet. I have contemporary furniture but my adjoining dining room is traditional furniture

To me the color would be more important.

flooring dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #3

I second that.
The colour to me would be much more important.

I think you would notice the colour first, and then the width.
yummy mummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #4
sil

Thanks to your great answers. I decided on Maple Arizona from Mirage. I called one of the dealers advertised in Mirage Hardwood floors website. It is a local business with a physical address. I was quoted $7.77 per square feet compared to Home Depot $9.97 per square feet for the same item. The store is an interior design business. The owner said that I would need to pay in cashiers check ( no credit card accepted) and pick it up locally (about 10 miles from my house) or else pay $60 for delivery charge. The total amount is $2953.

I don't recall ever paying any cashiers check to a business. Is this a red flag? I checked the company under better business bureau. Not a member and no complaints. They operated in 1999.

What do you think?
sil is offline   Reply With Quote