Marble Tile In Bathroom Floor - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

marble tile in bathroom floor

I'm re-doing my hall bathroom and laying marble tile. This is my first time doing such a project. I laid the hardibacker last week and filled and taped the joints the other day with the marble adhesive. When I was at Lowe's the floor person gave me this MAPEI stone & marble adhesive stuff that was pre-mixed in a bucket. I didn't want the hassle of having to buy a mixer and large bucket- besides the bathroom is small (30 sq. ft) and all of the mortar that requires mixing were larger quantities I think. I also used a pre-mixed thinset for the backerboard. Anyway, I was reading the bucket last night and it says that it's for wall applications of 12x12 and floor applications of 6x6. My marble tiles are 12x12. I'm worried now that I shouldn't be using this stuff to set the tiles, and I did read one or 2 things online about not using mastic for marble flooring (although this product is specifically for marble). Of course the bucket is already open because I used it to tape the backerboard joints. Can I get away with using this stuff or should I buy something else??

Advertisement

Arianeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,616

marble tile in bathroom floor

So you subscribe to the "Install Now - Read Later" philosophy?

And even though you didn't need the amount that was contained in the larger and cheaper "mix your own bag" product you paid four times more for the convenience of the stuff you didn't need. The buckets are nice tho, aren't they?

You've spent the money now, I think I would call the manufacturer and see what they suggest. They may tell to "move-on" with you project as planned originally.

Advertisement

Bud Cline is offline   Reply With Quote