Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #1

Share |

low headroom, which basement flooring best

Hi, Im looking to put down new basement flooring over concrete. The problem is that the previous owners added to the basement and one half meassures at 82 inches high whereas the other measures at 84 high. The previous owners cut through a window to create a narrow doorway and thats where the new concrete begins it slopes upwards. I origionally had carpet down there, but we got rid of it due to flooding and mold. weve taken care of that with french drains however, i do not want to put anything down that will require me to take away more than an inch in height being that the ceiling is quite low already . any suggestions as to what i could put there would be so helpful. thanx
ps an odd thing, some time after the drains were put in, and the flooding stopped, we began to see mold or mildew (green) on the walls where there hadnt been any before! A contractor said that this happened bec the drains werent put in directly below the foundation, only near the wood framing??? make any sense ? Now were trying to use sealant on the walls - weve had tons of people coming down for the mold issue but most just told us to use a dehumidifier -this guy was the only one to tell us why it might have happened and what to do- sigh the joys of homeownership

chiplock is offline   Reply With Quote