Living Room Floor - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
DIY Homeowner

Rewards Points: 154

Living room floor

We have a long living room, because the owners before us extended the house with an addition. Where the addition starts, there is a noticable bump.
Right now we have carpet, and you barely can notice the bump unless you walk back and forth on the area. But, to look at it you cannot.
My wife wanted laminate flooring but when the floor guy came he noticied the bump and said that a majority of the room and hallway would have to be built up, which would mean shaving down 4 interior doors and our front door. Also, the trim work throughout the room and hallway would have to be trimmed. ...a bigger project then we wanted.
Now my wife is looking at Armstrong "wood look vinyl". She figured she could have her "wood look" and put down a big area rug to cover the bump, which goes wall to wall.
I don't want our living room to look cheap or stupid.
Does anybody have experience with this type of flooring or have any other suggestions
Thanks
Barry

Advertisement

Barry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 672

Living room floor

I think I would be trying to figure out why there's a hump and get rid of it, then you could use any type you wanted.

Advertisement

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote