Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

linoleum and adhesive removal, tile after

I'm working on a kitchen remodel in a concrete slab foundation / 1 story home. The end goal is to have a nice tiled floor in the new kitchen.

Well, I removed the laminate flooring, and underneath was old 1950's linoleum, which I scraped off. Under the linoleum was a very tacky and solvent smelling adhesive. I know I should have just tiled over the linoleum, but that's not an option anymore...

I used some low VOC adhesive remover and got about 80% of the adhesive off. It was still tacky, so someone suggested I use Cover Stain to prime the concrete, since it was oil base, it would seal away the remaining tacky adhesive.

I'm not sure the Cover Stain was a good idea, but it has already been applied...

May I have your suggestions as to how to proceed with the prep of the concrete floor for tile, being that there is still tacky adhesive and now Cover Stain primer on the concrete?

Thank you in advance.

dave.vp is offline   Reply With Quote