Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #1

Share |

laying laminate on basement concrete floor

I need some advice. I want to lay laminate flooring on my basement concrete floor, I have no experience in this whatsoever. Obviously i don;t want to just put the flooring on top of the concrete. My basement floor is levelled, no leaks. My friend who works carpentry on the side suggested a dri-core sub-flooring which retails for 7.00 a sheet. Is there a product out there I can lay on the concrete floor to get my project done without dropping another 1,000 for the subfloor. Help! I was thinking a plastic subfloor,...I have no leaks, no musty smell in the basement, very clean,....there is a rug down there right now, that doesnt seem to have any stains or visible damages to it. I just purchased the house 2 months ago,...Any suggestions, please

Last edited by skyefish; 10-27-2012 at 04:44 PM.
skyefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #2

#1 I never would have suggested using laminite in a basement.
Why are you not looking on the company that made the flooring website or contacting them directly for there suggestions? There the ones that are going to be warrantying the floor.

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #3

They sell a underlayment specifically for basement installations. It comes in a roll about 3' wide and has an adhesive strip that is used to connect each row as it is layed, most box store's sell this. Just make sure you get the 1 for basement or concrete floor applications.
Hardwood Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #4

Dri core is nice but it changes the height of your floor. Putting poly down then a 3 in 1 under pad is the best way to go.
DonnHartwick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laminate flooring