DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

laying ditra

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  JazMan 
#1 ·
how close does ditra need to be installed to a wall? i have a 42" wide hall, and i was wondering if it would be ok if centered the ditra in the hall or if i needed to cut it and put it down in sections so i completely covered the OSB

#2 ·
If the hall is 42", aren't you tiling half way into the doorways too? If so shift the roll to one side and piece the other.

But, shouldn't you be running it the other way? How're you gonna manage installing it if it's running the long way?

Jaz

Reactions: prancer
#3 ·
i was going to piece in the doorways. so are you saying i should cut it 42" wide and lay it across the hall instead of running it long ways? sounds like more time, but a better way for sure. also, what would be the minumum width that should be installed? i was thinking maybe 2", but not sure

#5 ·
Mapei's Kerabond is a very good premium unmodified thin set mortar. Mr. Schluter would approve if you used it. He would rather you use Ditraset, but if you can't find it, Kerabond is fine.

Jaz

Reactions: prancer
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.