Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-14-2010, 07:44 PM   #1

Share |

Laminate vs Allure Vinyl Planks

Hi,

I'm looking to replace my current carpeted LR and existing laminate (I think) Kitchen flooring. It's all on my first floor and I have a cement slab foundation

I've seen comments about mold concerns. Is the sealing with Kilz or something recommended?

The kitchen floor I currently have is 4-6inch squares per sheet. It has faded in the patio door sun and is VERY scratched up. Also, there is a lot of gapping in different spots. I'm sure this is due to the previous owner's poor installation. I'm concerned about replacing with similar material only to have similar results.

Any comments on which product would be better for the Kitchen/LR area? I'm concerned about rain coming in (on occasion/by accident) from a sliding door, and I have a dog with long nails!!

I have an installer that is pushing the vinyl but it seems flimsy to me. I want something decent but not over the top expensive.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

okie03 is offline   Reply With Quote