Laminate Treatments - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
I love fishing & building

Rewards Points: 10

Laminate Treatments

Hey guys just installed a new Laminate floor and it got wet when I was cleaning the couch. It swelled up like crazy but thankfuly went back down almost to normal. So now I really want to seal it to protect it from any moisture. Could I use a floor wax? It's flexible enough to move with the laminate I think and it won't soak into the v groves to cause more damage I hope.

Thanx John

Advertisement

Sharkbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
Doer of Many Things

Rewards Points: 526

Laminate Treatments

No. If you wax it you are asking for a nightmare. I've seen a few people try wax before. The best way to do this would have been to glue the joints during installation. There isn't a great deal you can do at this point. There are laminate refinishing systems out there that some people have had great luck with though I can't speak from personal experience. Laminates one big weakness is water. Not much you can do will change that.

Advertisement

poppameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
I love fishing & building

Rewards Points: 10

Laminate Treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppameth View Post
No. If you wax it you are asking for a nightmare. I've seen a few people try wax before. The best way to do this would have been to glue the joints during installation. There isn't a great deal you can do at this point. There are laminate refinishing systems out there that some people have had great luck with though I can't speak from personal experience. Laminates one big weakness is water. Not much you can do will change that.

do you know what treatments work best? I have a freind who used floor wax and the floors look great what are the issue that could happen.
Sharkbite is offline   Reply With Quote