DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

LAMINATE: liquid nails

9K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  HomeDepot23 
#1 ·
I will have several transitions from laminate floor on concrete subfloor to tile (reducer), wood (T-molding) fireplace (end-cap). The prospect of drilling concrete floor to put in the u-track of the transition is not very thrilling. I have failed terribly before when putting in molding between carpet and tile floor. I broke several drill bits and gave up.

I just found out from an old post in this forum that you can use liquil nail to fasten the u-track to concrete floor :)thumbup: ) Well, liquid nail website shows a total of 60 adhesives, probably with a devious purpose of confusing novice like me. :confused1:

In short, which liquid nails should I use for u-track transition strip ?

Nathan

#2 ·
I have found that liquid nails holds too well. It doesn't allow for movement when somebody walks across the threshold. The tracks give just a bit.

Instead, use G.E. windows and doors silicon II. Use blue tape to hold it in place until it sets. You will fell a little give, but it works well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.