Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #1

Share |

Laminate flooring - Question on Flooring Brand

Hello! We have decided to use laminate flooring in the kitchen. I am wondering if anyone has had experience with Balterio Revolutions flooring. I like the price but feeling concerned because of inexperience with laminate. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Locksley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:46 AM   #2

Hi, I'm also looking at kitchen flooring. I can't decide between laminate or tile. In regards to laminate, I checked consumer reports, and Armstrong had the best laminate flooring. It has a 30 yr. warranty., and some beautiful designs. I'm just worried about the water factor. I've read many remarks on cons. reports. forums with people saying the floor buckled and seams came apart with water spills. I had pretty much decided on laminate until I read those. Now I'm thinking about tile, but it has its drawbacks, too. Good luck.

icecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #3

Hello and thank you for the input. I checked into tile flooring but I'm on a tight budget. Since our house was built in the 1970's, I found I would have to re-enforce the floor if I use tile. I really did want tile. I am with you on concerns about water and laminate! Scrapes and scratches are another subject. There isn't much info about "Revolutions" by Balterio laminates.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #4

Thanks to all!! The Balterio laminate flooring has been laid in the kitchen and I love it. It's true...it looks great and very easy to maintain. The counter tops are Wilson Art and I like that as much as the flooring. I would recommend laminate to anyone on a tight budget. You get the look without denting the checkbook. One thing...I am careful with hot pans or dishes around the countertop but then isn't that why hot pads are made? Thanks again!