DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Laminate Flooring Question

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  KaraOkay 
#1 ·
I just had laminate flooring installed over a concrete subfloor. I have the quiet step padding installed under the laminate. Is it normal to feel the seams of the laminate flooring when you are walking over the floor? When I rub my foot (barefoot or with a sock of course) over the floor I can feel the seams. Is this normal with laminate or did the installer do a bad job? Thanks

#2 ·
I would say it's not normal. But if anyone did a bad job it wasn't the installer, it was the manufacturer. The tongue locks into the groove wherever it fits...if that leaves an offset then it was made wrong to begin with.

What brand of laminate? How "tall" are the offsets? (what I'm getting at is....the thickness of a piece of paper?...the thickness of a soft book cover?....more?

#8 ·
What was the outcome?
I also had a company install Shaw laminate (it was an insured replacement job) and 3 years later I've had an installer rep out to look at the seam issues like you described.I'm still waiting to find out what's next. Shaw's website says the installer would have to put in a warranty claim or something.

The previous laminate was great after 8 years. I wish I knew what brand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.