Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Laminate Flooring Installation

Hi there, i am wanting to put laminate flooring in a few of my rooms but i have no idea what is the going price for installation. I want to make sure i dont get overcharged and i do not want to cheat anybody of money. also what is the best brand to go with as far as the floating floors ? thxs so much

toolgirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolgirlz
Hi there, i am wanting to put laminate flooring in a few of my rooms but i have no idea what is the going price for installation. I want to make sure i dont get overcharged and i do not want to cheat anybody of money. also what is the best brand to go with as far as the floating floors ? thxs so much
You will have to get a couple quotes and pick best one get some one with a warranty install.
Pergo is a good, mannington is also good.
The size of the grade like 7mm will be very cheap per square then like 12mm which will tripple that price but will look almost like real hardwood.
When you get your quote make shore they mention perimeter gap spacing and how much space, no less then 1/4" and 12" seam spacing from each row.

JetSwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #3

Not sure what the rate in your area is in NY. But in Texas a good rate for installation in about $1.50 to 2.25 per sq ft. There are a lot of variables.... Insurance.. furniture... Building type.. And do not forget trim pieces... They can get real exspensive. If you get a craftsman you will find he can make his own and stain. Can save you some money. Good luck.
Thefloorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #4

I install awhole lot of Mohawk laminate flooring I like it. Here is an informational link to their website http://www.mohawkflooring.com/laminate-flooring/ If you are interested in some tips on how to prepare for your installer and maintenance of your new Laminate floor check out this link I have been some help. I cant really give you any kind of faior estimate because it differs from region to region... Good luck

Last edited by Gary in WA; 06-22-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Removed web ad link as per forum rules.
Floor installer is offline   Reply With Quote