Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #1

Share |

Konecto questions

Hi everyone i've been thinking about installing the konecto flooring in my apt and have a few questions:

1: what do you do for all those uneven wall sections like door jams and stuff i have read about how hard the platinum series is to cut i would think it would be impossible to cut out a door jam section.

2: it seem a major selling point for most is the fact that these floors are extremely pet friendly. well those of you who have dogs know that most of the time dogs don't just pee in the middle of the floor, they go up against a wall. Thus pee will run down the wall, and i would think in between the wall gap and under the floor. i was thinking of putting like a 100% clear silicone in the 1/8th" wall gap. Will this be ok? if not what are those of you with pets doing to prevent water from going down the wall?

thanks for any help

HiKing808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
Get out of the box!

Konecto questions

The Konecto floors are very pet friendly, you idea about silicone is good but could impede expansion. I would use a flexible latex caulk so when the floor expands it will allow movement. The best bet is to undercut the casing.
You can view an undercut saw here: http://www.tools4flooring.com/shoppi...a4061542aaf94a

We offer those an rollers with all our purchases.

26yrsinflooring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #3

Konecto questions

It is pet friendly however Konecto themselves would not say that their floor is pee proof. In fact it is like any other product and will be adversley affected by pee for a long period of time.
I just want to make sure you know the total truth.
Water proof.....NOT pee proof.

If your just talking about a water bowl then that is different.
Floorwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:05 AM   #4

Konecto questions

thanks for the response folks.

another question: how do you go about making a transition to hallways, under cabinets, and into closets etc?

for instance i know the planks come in 6"widths i figured id lay floor and at the end of the room id cut the planks lengthwise to fit the room then continue laying floor into the hallway. Then i realized i'd be cutting the adhesive off, therefore what would be keeping the crack waterproof, and from lifting?
HiKing808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
Get out of the box!

Konecto questions

Since Konecto does not make transitions we advise you find a laminate transition that is in the same family(color) and modify it at your transistion points.
At any doorway were you need the Konecto to bond and still allow expansion we advise doubleface tape. To further secure it from water getting under it you can run the bead of color match caulk right along the edge.
26yrsinflooring is offline   Reply With Quote