Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
Get out of the box!

Share |

Konecto Flooring

I "highly recommend" it!
( I need to learn to spell check before posting)

I just wanted to start a positive thread since the good replies about Konecto are showing up out on the net under a negative banner.

We have sold over 55,000 ft of Konecto across the USA with no problems or customer complaints in just the past few months.

It pains me when I google Konecto and see a negative thread de-promote this innovative concept.
I have researched as many complaints as the offended customers will allow and found many issues that led to thier floor failure,are install related.
These errors are as follows:
1, No acclimation. This is big one, the floor must be acclimated!
2, No expansion. Very big as well, the floor must be able to expand and contract with tempature changes. If it is bound down it will fail.
3, No rolling, during, after or while installing, this is a must.

I tell all my customers these three sacred rules.To date (knock on wood) we have not had one compliant I sell hand rollers with every job that the customer wills.
I even had only older gal on a budget purchase only 300ft and she called me and told me she rolled it with a rolling pin.
She said" I put my full wieght on the rolling pin.I have not used that rolling pin in years"
Good for her! She rolled the floor!
If you follow these simple procedures the floor is warrantied, if it fails you have full manufacture warranty.

Please feel free to post your positive comments here.
I will stop in and bring it to the top form time to time.

Thank you I look forward to your inputs.
26yrsinflooring

Last edited by 26yrsinflooring; 09-01-2008 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 09-01-2008, 12:31 AM   #2

Konecto Flooring

thanks for the balance check....

good info

Old 09-01-2008, 06:41 AM   #3

Konecto Flooring

I can add to the positive.

* months ago a really big seafood restaurant chain here in New England decided to give Konnecto a shot in an area.I put in in over a mosaic type tile floor

Was a sweet job, 1600 ft in one room. They like it so much I was back 2 months ago to do the bar area and was told that the main dining area would be done this winter ( drool- its over 3000 ft). They also have about ten other buildings.

Looked good considering the amount of traffic it has seen
Old 09-02-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
DIY'er

Konecto Flooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26yrsinflooring View Post
I "highly recommend" it!
1, No acclimation. This is big one, the floor must be acclimated!
2, No expansion. Very big as well, the floor must be able to expand and contract with tempature changes. If it is bound down it will fail.
3, No rolling, during, after or while installing, this is a must.
26yrsinflooring
HI:

I followed all of the rules and installed about 600 sqft of it. I am very happy with Konecto and would be pleased to recommend it to anyone.

I was very careful and attentive with the installation process. I ran about 4% waste.

Jamie
Old 09-02-2008, 07:47 PM   #5

Konecto Flooring

Absolutely!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #6

Konecto Flooring

I just did a Home Depot Trafficmaster griplock floor, which I think is made by the same company as Konnecto. It took me about 9 hours to lay our 600 square foot dining room -- a room with 8 sides and NO right angles. Home Depot rents floor rollers, which I did. We are *really* happy with it. I am probably going to do the kitchen with it too, using one of the stone-look patterns.

Moment of truth will be this winter. That room gets chilly in winter. (55 F at times) I'm slightly worried that it will open up as the tiles shrink with cooler temps.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
DIY'er

Konecto Flooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbotsford View Post
I just did a Home Depot Trafficmaster griplock floor, which I think is made by the same company as Konnecto. It took me about 9 hours to lay our 600 square foot dining room -- a room with 8 sides and NO right angles. Home Depot rents floor rollers, which I did. We are *really* happy with it. I am probably going to do the kitchen with it too, using one of the stone-look patterns.

Moment of truth will be this winter. That room gets chilly in winter. (55 F at times) I'm slightly worried that it will open up as the tiles shrink with cooler temps.
Perhaps someone here knows for sure, but I was under the impression that traffic master is not made by metrofloor. When deciding on products I read many reviews. I read about several problems with traffic master comming apart. I also do not belive the traffic master has a A/O finish, but again may be wrong.

Jamie
Old 09-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #8
Get out of the box!

Konecto Flooring

It is made by Konecto under the private label Halstead. It is thinner than all to good stuff.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #9

Konecto Flooring

Three jobs sold over wood flooring for me
One was a nursing home
no problems

One job done so far over concrete
It's failed twice
Going to replace it with a full spread wood planks
Old 09-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #10

Konecto Flooring

btw my samples for Metro flor products are in the dumpster

too much bad publicity
Old 09-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #11

Konecto Flooring

Mine could not have turned out better. And the wife absolutely loves it! Good information here

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 09-17-2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: SITE RULES VIOLATION: Advertising Links Removed from Signature
Old 09-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #12

Konecto Flooring

product acclimated for 6 days both instances
100lb roller, hand roller
both times
Vinyl installer w/25 years experience who did the job both times

The floor failed
You just wanna prance around these issues because you are the "konecto guy"
Why would you want to bad mouth a product you promote up the ying yang on this board

Above grade install with Konecto, I approve of
Over concrete is a death wish, based on HUNDREDS of complaints which even you cannot deny.

I find it curious that you had to start a "positive" thread on a product that will probably go into the top five in defects,for this decade.

We all know your agenda
To push and sell Konecto
Old 09-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #13
DIY'er

Konecto Flooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcake View Post
Above grade install with Konecto, I approve of
Over concrete is a death wish, based on HUNDREDS of complaints which even you cannot deny.

So is this due to moisture in the concrete or is it a temperature issue due to a cold slab?

Could a vapor barrier be used or the Konecto underlayment be used to solve the problem is this is a moisture related issue?

What else could it be that is different about the concrete that is causing the product to fail there, but not on other surfaces.

Jamie
Old 09-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #14
Get out of the box!

Konecto Flooring

Please ignore him,I am.

I am working now to see if your batch was included in the bad batch that metroflor recieved. many of my contacts have been offline due to the Hurricane Ike. We are running on generators at our home office and have been delayed getting our responses out as well.

As soon as I get info I will forward it to this thread.

We have sold over 60,000 ft with no problems but all my clients are well informed about proper installation procedures.
There are a few rogue persons that are unaware of cause and effect issues with flooring, we try to help them and teach them if possible so they do not make the same mistakes twice.

Some will learn some will not.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #15

Konecto Flooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26yrsinflooring View Post
Please ignore him,I am
Why should they ignore me when I have been in the flooring business for over 30 years (second generation)?
I sell Kardean, Metro-flor, Konecto and dura ceramic vinyl planks. All vinyl planks.

The writing is on the wall with Konecto
Is it a great wearing product (prestige)
It is utter garbage, and a disaster applying it over a concrete floor due to hydrostatic pressure.
No Matter how you slice and dice it my friend.
Like I stated earlier ,above grade (over wood subfloor,I'm 100% for this product.

Google "Konecto failure" people
Do your OWN research
Not from someone who pushes the product down everyones throats on here.

Closed Thread

Tags
best floor ever, konecto, konecto flooring, konecto vinyl plank, my konecto floor