Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #1

Share |

Kitchen flooring help

I installed 3/4" hardwoods in the living room and dining room a year ago. My wife now wants the same thing in the kitchen. I ripped up the linoleum in the kitchen. The sub-floor is 1/4" lower than the hardwoods in the dining room. It has two layers of plywood with 3/4" under 1/2". If I remove the 1/2" layer before installing the hardwoods it will keep the floors even. My problem is that the 1/2" top layer of plywood is under the cabinets as well. Is there a way of cutting the 1/2" plywood close enough to the cabinets so that it can be taken up without removing the cabinets? TIA

johngeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #2

Kitchen flooring help

yes. either rent or buy a toekick saw.

harbor freight sells one for 80.00 if you can find a 20% off coupon for them it would only be 64.00. prob less than 20 for a days rental.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...sult?q=toekick

the Oscillating cutoff tools with a half circle blade will work also and be safer to operate but will be slower.

DannyT is offline   Reply With Quote