Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #1

Share |

Keeping Hardwood/Bamboo Flooring Clean?

We recently installed dark bamboo flooring in our house and I am finding it impossible to keep clean. I've been sweeping it every day and washing it with a damp microfiber cloth every other day, but it always looks dirty. I bought "Zep" hardwood floor cleaner and I find that after cleaning the floors with this product it leaves heavy duty streaks everywhere.

Short of quitting my job so that I can clean my floors on a full-time basis, does anyone have any tricks for keeping their floors clean? Or at least washing them in a way that won't leave streaks?

This has been a learning experience for me. I've discovered that I'm really not a hardwood floor kind of person. I'd rather clean my floors once a week instead of every day. I'd also prefer the durability of being able to drop something on the floor without it leaving a big dent or spill something without it worrying about seeping through the cracks and ruining the floor. Oh well. Life lesson!
brandon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #2

Once you find the right product to suit your particular type of flooring, you won't have to clean it every day and you will be able to enjoy the beauty of your wooden floors. I was recommended to use Bona products from my supplier http://www.tradewoods.com.
mjandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
Flooring Materials

It can really be hard to find the exact look you want, but the great thing about bamboo is that it doesn't require a lot of maintenance to keep it looking great. You have to start with a great material choice. Most bamboo flooring offers a variety of finishes. I recommend going with the Kingsley Estate Hand Scraped option, or something similar. It's gorgeous, and has a color option to match any decor.

http://www.fastfloors.com/style_3285...nd-Scraped.htm

there is a sample of what it can look like for you
fastfloors is offline   Reply With Quote