Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #1

Share |

Kahrs Activity Floor (sprung dance floor)

I searched but could not find anything. I have the chance of buying some flooring made by Kahrs, called the Activity Floor. A dance studio closed down and they're selling it so I'm thinking about putting it in my basement for use as a dance floor I've never seen it in person (that I know of) but it seems great for my needs.

It appears to be just like an Engineered wood in that it floats, clicks together and says it can be sanded up to 2x, but it's got energy absorbing material which should keep it warmer and lessen the hard concrete feeling. From what I've researched all I have to do is level the floor, put down a vapor barrier and click it in place.

Has anybody installed this? Any thing I should know about putting a sprung floor in a residential basement?

http://www.kahrs.com/en-US/Products/...Activity-Floor

cbrc5eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:55 AM   #2
Doer of Many Things

Kahrs Activity Floor (sprung dance floor)

I've installed plenty of Khars but not this particualr product. I do have samples of it. Basically it's just regular Khars but it has a spacer block and a piece of foam rubber on the back of each block. It's designed to do the same thing as a sleeper system. Installation shouldn't be too difficult with the exception of possibly cutting it.