I just spent the last 3 days removing some old ceramic tile from my basement floor. Now I just realized that they may contain asbestos since they seem pretty old. I had to chip some of them off and I probably contaminated my whole house now.
Is there anything I can do to decontaminate the house just in case? How dangerous was this one time exposure, if there was asbestos?
Ok I'll take a picture when I get home today and post it. Reason I think it has asbestos is it was under this really ugly 70's carpet. I'm pretty sure if it doesnt have asbestos, the black mastic underneath it does. Should I attempt to remove the mastic? I was planning on applying some dry lok to keep out the moisture and then lay some dri core boards over it.