Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
rbo

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Insulating an existing floor over a concrete slab

I need to insulate an existing floor above a concrete slab that used to be the garage floor. The crawl space between the current floor and the concrete is insufficient to crawl into and place traditional rolled insulation. I need suggestions on how to insulate this floor without having to tear up/replace the existing flooring. Can I blow that loose insulation under there or can I lay anything down on the concrete that will help? This converted garage/room is several degrees colder than the rest of the house? Thanks for any suggestions.

rbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:41 AM   #2
KCB

Rewards Points: 0

Insulating an existing floor over a concrete slab

The first thing you need to establish is moisture problems that you cant see.You could blow it in but if there is moisture issues your asking for trouble.I would take up a section of the floor(easiest to do) then check what your dealing with(floor structure and is a vapor barrier present)(are there any visual moisture issues,mold etc...) before you deside to continue with any insulation.

KCB is offline   Reply With Quote