Installing Laminate Down A Hallway ? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Installing laminate down a hallway ?

I have a livingroom with an attached hallway that Has a bedroom to the north, a room to the east, and two rooms on the south side that I want to lay pergo snap together in. The livingroom has the main doorway entrance to it. Picture a square in your mind with the front door entrance at the upper right, the hall in the bottom right running horizontal. Bottom left would be the kithen where ceramic is going.

Question 1: Do I start on the main entrance wall or in the hallway?

Question 2: If I start in the living room, do I stop at the corner of the hallway and if that piece overlaps the corner, do I rip pieces that turn in the hallway so they match up with the overlap I have in the livingroom so they become a straight line to continue.

Advertisement

6brnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
Handyman

Rewards Points: 500

I might be best if you could draw a diagram but I would say you can start wherever you like. The thing to consider is the orientation of the boards. If you have a rectangular L/R then, typically you would run the boards lengthways for the widest length. If your hall is parallel to the L/R you can continue but if it is perpendicular you may want to consider a threshold. Geez! Even I had to read that twice!

Ripping boards is almost always necessary so don't worry about that, so long as you leave some clearance at the wall for floating (which you can cover with 1/4 round)

Again, a diagram would be helpful.

Dave

Advertisement

canadaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Yeah, sorry about the confusion! Lol I'm on my phone so I'll try and get a diagram this eve
6brnr is offline   Reply With Quote