Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 29

Installed stack stone tile

Hi all,
Looking for advice. I know this may not be the right forum, but I am looking for advice about tiling and this is where most of the experts seem to hang.

I am looking to install stacked stone tile on my fireplace (vented gas/wood-burning), basically from the floor all the way to the ceiling, to create an accent wall (see http://www.norstoneusa.com/products/stacked-stone-cladding although i won't necessarily use this brand)

Could you provide some advice on what the proper prep process is for this? I am concerned that these tiles are heavier than the average tile. If it were a light tile, I could do it directly against the drywall, so what is the process for this heavier tile? Am I okay with just thinset (installation instructions seem to say so). The current wall is already finished, painted (latex) and textured, shuold I prep it in some way (sanding? dulling with water and TSP?)

The specs show about 12 lbs per sq foot for this tile. The walls are in good condition (~ 2005 construction).

Any other tips would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Installed stack stone tile-norstone-20charcoal-20rock-20panels-20dubai-20hub-27-20copy-1800.jpg  

injvstice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stone veneer, tille, walls