Install Marble Flooring Or Cabinets First? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Install Marble flooring or Cabinets first?

I am doing an extensive remodel on a high end home on the ocean. There are marble floors to be installed yet in the entire home except the bedrooms. The contractor went ahead and installed the cabinets before the flooring. I would think it would go the other way. Is there any logical way to know what goes first?

Advertisement

LA-FLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:39 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-FLA View Post
I am doing an extensive remodel on a high end home on the ocean. There are marble floors to be installed yet in the entire home except the bedrooms. The contractor went ahead and installed the cabinets before the flooring. I would think it would go the other way. Is there any logical way to know what goes first?
The flooring is the last thing you should do...

Advertisement

ttr13r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,616

You can install the floor first if you want to, there are no rules. You can install around the cabinets first and save a few bucks on the flooring. Installing the cabinets first eliminates any risk of damaging the floor during the cabinet installation.

Is your floor structure wood or concrete. If it is wood then that should be your utmost concern.