If Vinyl Planks Are A Temporary Flooring How Temporary? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

If vinyl planks are a temporary flooring how temporary?

I keep reading experts here saying vinyl planks are a temporary flooring. I'm eyeballing the Armstrong planks line sold by lowes. I'm wondering how temporary that are? I currently have 3 young kids, 3 cats and a large dog. I was thinking of using this flooring in my living room and hoping it would last well for about 5 years till the youngest is older and the dog is no longer with us. Then I will have real hardwood put down. My liiving room leads out to our pool. All summer long I have wet kids and a wet dog coming through the door to that room. They always get the floor wet and it is hard to get it dried up fast at times if I don't see it. I love my husband but he doesn't pay the closest attention to things like that. As the kids get older it will be easier to make them responsible for making sure they don't track water everywhere till then I don't want to put down something that will be ruined by water. I'm not a fan of tile and want a hardwood look. Do you think vinyl planks would be good to get me through about 5 years given my situation.

Advertisement

mommiemara is offline   Reply With Quote