How To Transition - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

How To Transition

Hi there..... in the kitchen we are putting both tile and hardwood floor. We are putting a band of hardwood in the center of the kitchen, but we ran into a problem. the hardwood is a bit thicker than the tile, I was wondering what we can do to fix the difference. I was considering just putting a thick underlayment for the tile.
What do you guys advise?

Also, I am running into a problem with leveling. Part of the kitchen floor is slopping almost 2 1/2 inch difference, so we are going to put a leveler down, but here is the problem..... the slope goes into the laundry room and i really do not want a step between the kitchen and the laundry room, can someone come up with an idea so I don't have a slope? I know it is silly, but I can just imagine me coming in with an armful of grocery bags and tripping and breaking the extra large bottle of salsa... and so on

Advertisement

urbaneve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 712

How To Transition

Somethings very wrong for a floor to be that far out of level.
Is this a slab, crawlspace, basement?
I can not amagine trying to use a leveler to fix that one. I'd be going under the floor to figure out why it's that far off and fix it.

Advertisement