How Long Should You Wait Before Putting Furniture On A Freshly Polyurethaned Floor? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

How long should you wait before putting furniture on a freshly polyurethaned floor?

I'm in the process of refinishing my floor , but I'm confused about how long to let it sit without putting the furniture back. On the can of polyurethane it says it dries in 2-3 hours, but then it says it if fully cured in one week. so does anyone know when I can put the furniture back in?

Advertisement

tsg234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

How long should you wait before putting furniture on a freshly polyurethaned floor?

Depends on when it dries. Usually 48hrs is plenty. Use pads on the furniture before you move them back in.

Advertisement

Jmdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmdesign View Post
Depends on when it dries. Usually 48hrs is plenty. Use pads on the furniture before you move them back in.
yes agree if the product dries to the touch in 3-4 hrs we would allow 36-48 hrs then set furniture on pads and be careful not to slide it around....
ben's plumbing is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
poly , polyurethane top coat