Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

How can I refinish my hardwood floors.

My hardwood floor is probably maple wood and I believe it had a polyurethane finish. I applied paste wax and orange glo refinisher on the floor (polyurethane + paste wax = NO good) and now my floors have a residue on it. I took a scrub pad and used windex to scrub it and now the floor is smooth but dull looking. When I look at it straight down, it looks like there is a white haze. I'm not sure is the finish still there or the wax is still there. If I leave the floor like that, over time, a black residue will accumulate and I will have to scrub the floor all over again. To remove that residue, I will have to scrub the floor again. So right now, I finish scrubbing my floor and I'm thinking about apply a coat of polyurethane on top of it right now, but I'm not sure about the outcome.
What can I do?
Is there still wax on my floor?

700hyvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

How can I refinish my hardwood floors.

Hire a professional to screen and recoat your floor. He will know how to fix the problem.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF SAWDUST IN THE MORNING!
woodman58 is offline   Reply With Quote