How To Begin Laminate Install In Odd Shaped Area - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Smile

How to begin laminate install in odd shaped area

Good Afternoon,

I have installed a new laminate floor in the master bedroom and am ready to start on the rest of the house, however I am unsure where to start. If I start on the living room wall adjoining the bedroom I will end up working backward into the kitchen area.
If I start on the living room wall with the windows I will end up working backward into the hallway.

If I start in the kitchen I will end up working backward into the small area where you enter the master bedroom.

There is no area that would take a transition strip an look attractive. The walkway from the dining room into the kitchen nook is about 4 foot wide and a strip would look bad there. The walkway down the hall is about 3 foot wide and it would not be visually appealing located there.

Any ideas? Is it even possible to install several rows of laminate off the backside?

Thank you for your input it is much appreciated

Advertisement

hoppinjack is offline   Reply With Quote