Help- Vinyl Tile Under Radiators. EASY WAY??????? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-08-2007, 04:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

help- vinyl tile under radiators. EASY WAY???????

I am looking for help or suggestions on an easy way to install and measure vinyl tile under existing radiators.

Advertisement

brian fallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #2

Need more details.

Are you tiling around them aswell as under them?

One way to do it would be to measure the distance of one wall to the other and then measure the length of the tile.Take the measurement of the walls and calculate how many full tiles will fit across then cut the last tile to the fraction you need to complete the row,and continue this for all rows.You'll probably also need to make an incision one or more of the tiles which are going under the radiater if pipes are obstructing the floor in any way.If so measure the width and length of the pipe and leave 1 to 2 mm on both sides to be certain it will fit.

As I said i'm just plain guessing as to your situation,i'm not sure exactly where this radiator is or if you've already begun installing the vinyl tiles in the surrounding area if indeed you are tiling a surrounding area.

Also are they peel n' stick or are they click tiles with the facets of color in them?If they are peel and stick you'll want to get the measurements right the first time so as not to have to pry them off afterward.

Advertisement

SpunFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #3

they are peel and stick and i already tiled the rest of the floor ad am looking for a sugestion onn how toget the tile under or around the legs of the radiator. I'm wondering if it would be easier to try to measure it out and cut them or should i try to use a template of some sort made from cardboard
brian fallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian fallon View Post
... and am looking for a sugestion on how to get the tile under or around the legs of the radiator...
Is this steam?

You may be able to lift the radiator up just enough to slide the tile under.
You should be able to back off the large nut that connects to radiator to the shut off valve. After you remove the large nut then you will be able to move the radiator right out of the way. Place your tiles and then re-install the radiator. makr sure the system is off and you do not get any debris inside the pipe.
redline is offline   Reply With Quote