Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #1

Share |

Help with vinyl plank decision!!

I own a dental office and need to put something down that looks like wood, is waterproof, and scratch resistant. From what I have read, vinyl plank seems to be the answer. However I have read some bad reviews about the 2 brands that I was considering (Konectco and Adura). I want this stuff to last a long time and don't want to have to worry about anything peeling up and causing problems. It will be going over a concrete slab once the carpet is torn out. I've heard the Armstrong luxe plank is good, but don't know about much else. I am in northeast florida, so it gets pretty hot, and temperatures can fluctuate, so I'm also not sure about the stability. Would floating or glue down be best? Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

tdgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:51 AM   #2
Doer of Many Things

I'd recommend Naturelle. Their product line has Silver Nano technology, which is an anti-microbial agent to inhibit the growth of mold/mildew/germs, and a ceramic bead in the wear layer that makes it one of the toughest finishes out there. It carries a 25 year full commercial warranty, where most of these products carry a 5 year commercial, or in the case of the ones you've listed, a 5 year LIGHT commercial. Naturelle also costs less because they make their own product instead of buying it from someone else and relabeling it.

All the Naturelle is glue down so far. It sounds like you are trying for a DIY product with the glued edges only. Naturelle is coming out with one this fall that uses the Unilin Click system to snap together like laminate floor. It is suppose to avoid all the problems the glued edge types have. Plus, Naturelle stamps their product out on a flat surface, where most of the others stretch it on a cylinder first, which is what causes to edges to want to peak.

poppameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. We checked out Naturelle in the beginning, but didn't see any planks that had the more natural look we were wanting. Maybe the place just didn't have a great selection. We'll see what else they have.

Anyone else with a suggestions?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
Doer of Many Things

Look at Decoria as well. Same company as Naturelle but a much larger selection. Decoria has about 90 patterns. It is a little more expensive since it's the heavy commercial line.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #5

I guess glue down vinyl plank is hard to find in my area. I looked into the Decoria, but nobody around here carries it. Everyone wants the easy stuff (floating). Any other suggestions for a good glue down that will last a long time and look like wood?
Old 08-21-2010, 05:55 AM   #6
Doer of Many Things

Armstrong, Mannington, Nafco, Johnsonite and others all make glue down tiles. If any local stores carry those brands have them check into the other products for you. Half of what I have now is due to customer request. I didn't even know some of these items were available until I asked.