Hardwood Flooring??? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Hardwood Flooring???

Hi Everyone!

I am in the market for approximately 1300 sq. ft. of solid hardwood flooring. I would like it to be 3/4" thick and 3 - 3 1/4 wide. I was about to pull the trigger on some Brazilian Cherry - Bellawood from Lumber Liquidators, but I'm glad I didn't because after just a few minutes on Google, I learned they are an awful company with poor customer service and unsatisfactory wood.

I would like to spend less then $6.00 per square foot and get Brazillian cherry. What are good brands? Armstrong, Bruce? others...?

Thanks,

Monkey

Advertisement

monkeystomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
Computer hardware consult

Rewards Points: 10
Send a message via AIM to it help Send a message via MSN to it help
Smile

Hardwood Flooring???

I have done my entire house using their Lamimate flooring. I can see what you mean about their customer service. but that can be said about any company. There are always some hit and Miss.

their return police sucks- but their product is pretty good. I have had some bad laminates in there and they were able to exchange it for me with out any hassle.

in regurds to the flooring. Go with Bamboo. if you spill any water or anything you dont have to worry about it getting damaged. Hardwood floors you can only fix and resurface only so many times before they become useless. Buy the accesseries from large companies like Home Depot or Lowes, Lumber Liq. is expensives when it comes to acces.. their floor prices are great.

its a lot of fun installing them so have fun and always be Safe.

Advertisement

it help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
Civil Engineer

Rewards Points: 2,194

Hardwood Flooring???

There is a local mill in my area that sells domestic hardwood for flooring and Brazilian cherry. It is very nice to deal with a local company, I have been buying lumber from them for 20 years. You may be able to find a local mill in your area, if so I suggest you visit and discuss what they can supply. Buying local is good policy in my experience.
Daniel Holzman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel Holzman For This Useful Post:
kwikfishron (08-30-2010)
Old 08-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Do work

Rewards Points: 75

Hardwood Flooring???

I bought my floors from lumber Liquidators. Really happy. Pre finished 3/4" by 2 1/4 oak. Couldn't be happier. The floors were easy to install and look great.
liquidvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 10

Hardwood Flooring???

I bought 900 feet of Brazilian cherry from Lumber liquidators a few months ago. It's installed and it looks beautful. I get a lot of compliments from visitors on the flooring.

The only downside is that Lumber Liquidators will not accept any returns after 30 days from purchase. In my case, I had one unopened box of hardwood plus a few sticks left over. Lumber Liquidators would not give me any type of credit for the unopened box since I tried to return it after the 30 day period.
BobS0327 is offline   Reply With Quote