Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #1

Share |

hardwood floor sanding grits?

in the next two weeks I will be refinishing the hardwood floor in my 1980's home it has aprox 700 sq ft of hardwood in it. I will be renting a drum sander to do the job of sanding, the only thing I am not sure about is the grits of paper I should use as well has how much of each I will prob need. Thank you and I will be posting pictures when done, as I have noticed no one has done after asking for help.

handyman_squire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

hardwood floor sanding grits?

What grits and how much is going to depend on what type of hardwood you have, the amount of finish to be removed, and how deep into it you are going to have to go when you sand. Can you provide a bit more information?

Also, have you used a drum sander before? Doable but they are big machines and can get away from you in a hurry. The orbital floor sanders are more forgiving.

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote